Space Miner Wars tips and tricks
Space Miner Wars is out in limited territories for stress testing. If you’re one of the lucky few to play it, check out some tips and tricks to help you get minin’ and blastin’.
Did I miss anything essential? Drop a comment below and let me know!
- There are four resources – Credits, Scrap, Infinium Crystals and Nanofuel. Nanofuel is used to start missions, Credits are used to buy ship upgrades, parts, ships and some buildings. Scrap is used for building and upgrading.
- You can press the attack and thrust buttons at the same time. It’s situationally useful, but more than likely you’ve been doing it on accident.
- Enemy drones and ships sometimes drop fuel.
- After you come back to base, make sure to unload your cargo. It sounds silly but you run the risk of starting a mission with no space on the ship.
- On your first visit to a mining zone, aim to clear all the enemies. Not only will it make subsequent visits safer, you will be able to fill the cargo hold in peace.
- Double check your ship before leaving on a mission. Little things like checking mods can swap your current ship and it’s always a drag using inferior equipment.
- Running away from a group of enemies to reposition is as viable as standing your ground and absorbing the shots. Pick your battles wisely.
- Never chase Space Pirates. While your ships are faster and will outrun them, the pirates just zoom in one direction. The stage loops, so head in the opposite direction to cut them off.
- Cargo space is limited. Prioritize whatever resource you need to collect first and ignore the other asteroids.
- Returning to safe areas is a great way to earn extra resources but will not help you progress through the story missions. It can be useful to clear out all zones in a claim before moving on to the next one.
- Try to fill your cargo hold before completing story missions in the claim. You will never be able to come back to these areas and it’s a shame to see perfectly good resources go to waste.
- Enemies sometimes drop Mod components. These can be combined in the Research Lab to make actual Mods but do nothing on their own.
- Credits (ore) are easier to find by mining. Scrap is easier to get from PvP invasions.
- The PvP mechanic can be ignored entirely, if you wish. If your base gets destroyed, it will cost some PvP rank points. There will be no other negative consequences.
- If you are attacking a base in PvP or PvE, save one building for last and come back to it once you finish off all the others. Keep your ship next to it to pick up the last resources it drops, otherwise you’ll miss out.
- Building requires a building drone. You start with one which only allows one building process at a time. Additional Builder Pods let you build more simultaneously. At the moment they are only obtainable with Infinium Crystals.
- You cannot equip Tier One mods on Tier Two ships (and so on). The ship upgrades are worth losing the mods but it’s something to keep in mind.