Ohhhh boy, this level. Think of a story that goes from A to B, B to C, C to D, D to E. Then jumble it up – so you play it in chunks. B to C, D to E, A to B, C to D. That’s what this level is. Messy time manipulation!
When you’re done wrapping your head around that (certainly took me a while), you can use the navigation to your right (or below, if you’re on mobile) to skip between levels. Tap or click the images to see a larger version!
Fun fact: There are 7 total fragments. You play them in this order: 7, 2, 5, 3, 1, 4, 5, 7. If you put them all together, this is the story of this level:
(1) You saw an empty camp and went for the unguarded key to get Nova’s piece. You got captured.
(2) Another prisoner joined you, and he helped you out of the pit.
(3) While free, you sneak through the camp and trick one of the ape guards. You find a rope and get the other prisoner out.
(4) Together, you incapacitate the ape who guards the key and you pick it up.
(5) Your prisoner friend gets caught in a firefight, but you distract the monkey and he shoots it with the gun you gave him.
(6) Betrayal! The prisoner turns his gun on you and attempts to make off with the treasure, including Nova’s piece. In his rush to leave, he falls off a cliff, despite your best efforts to help.
(7) You carefully climb down through the camp and retrieve the orb from his remains.